Intrauterine insemination, also known as artificial insemination. It is a process that involves injecting sperm inside a woman’s uterus to boost the chances of conception. IUI treatment is a straightforward, inexpensive, and successful fertility treatment option for a couple having trouble conceiving naturally.
There are more than 25 IUI treatment centers in Delhi. IUI treatment is very beneficial in mild male-factor infertility because it entails selecting healthy sperm and introducing them straight to the developing female egg.
Here’s all you need to know about IUI.
Need for IUI treatment procedure
After normal testing to determine the reason for infertility, your fertility physician may recommend IUI in the following cases:
- If the male partner is unable to create healthy sperm or engage in sexual activity owing to a physical or medical problem.
- If you’re having issues with sperm count or quality (sperm movement, shape, or size)
- The male partner has impotence (the inability to have or maintain an erection),
- The female’s ovulation is irregular or non-existent,
- A cervix-related ailment
- Same-sex couples usually employ IUI using donor sperm.
- Unexplained infertility
Procedure for IUI Treatment
- For the IUI treatment to be successful, the fallopian tubes must first be healthy and unblocked.
- Your doctor will do diagnostic tests on your uterus before beginning treatment.
- Examining your monthly cycle will reveal the precise time of ovulation. Fertility drugs will also be given.
- IUI is done 6 hours after ovulation and within the next 24 hours.
- The sperm (fresh specimen) is washed and placed inside the uterus. The operation is quite painless, takes about 5 minutes, and does not require an anesthetic.
- Following IUI, your doctor may prescribe progesterone suppositories (vaginal inserts) to help strengthen the endometrial lining. It will also encourage the embryo’s implantation, which usually takes 6 to 12 days.
IUI treatment success rate in Delhi is about 60-70%. It may take more than one IUI cycle for some people to become pregnant. IUI is also more successful for women under the age of 40. Women above the age of 40 may require more intense therapy, such as IVF or ICSI, depending on their unique diagnosis.
The cost of IUI treatment in Delhi is the most reasonable, with prices starting at Rs. 7000. Before prescribing IUI to a couple, a fertility doctor will normally undertake some critical pre-testing. The total cost of IUI Treatment in Delhi ranges from 7K-18K which includes medicines, tests, and other facilities.
What are the benefits of intrauterine fertilization (IUI)?
- It is less costly than IVF.
- It does not necessitate anesthesia.
- There is no need to go to the hospital.
- After 30 minutes of the operation, the patient can resume his or her daily routine.
What are the drawbacks to IUI?
- Infertility treatment is not as effective as IVF.
- Per cycle, there is a 15-20% chance of pregnancy.
- A maximum of three cycles can be completed before the doctor recommends IVF.
To sum up, the finest, safest, and most effective treatment for female infertility is intrauterine insemination. Consult a fertility professional at a fertility clinic in Delhi to learn about the advantages of IUI treatment and how much it costs.